Summer is over. The kids are back in school, vacations are done and with business now back to usual, you can focus on making some improvements to your business. If you rely on fuel this could be the time to find a new supplier. Why? There are a number of reasons. Most companies who have made the switch to on-site refuelling had become tired of the hassles associated with refuelling, like wasted time, less production and all the associated risks.
First of all, if you are pumping your own fuel, there is a better way. All the time and hassle factors into your actual cost of fuel. When it adds up, it is a lot more than the price at the pumps.
So is it worth the effort? The best solution is finding the right fuel supplier. But how do you decide?
Here is an easy to follow 10-point checklist to help you make the right decision…
- Reliability. Does the supplier guarantee fuel delivery regardless of regional fuel shortages? Check their track record.
- Convenience. Can they deliver 24/7, 365 days a year?
- Professional staff. Are their people well trained and certified? Are they accessible 24/7 for emergent fuel needs?
- Proper equipment. Is their fleet reliable and well-maintained? Do they use proper hoses and nozzles to safely and efficiently get the job done in all weather conditions?
- Service guarantee. Can they grow and adapt with your changing fuel needs?
- Data capture capabilities. Are they on top of current technology to supply you with detailed fuel data, online reporting, docket review and all the information you need?
- Reconciliation. Do they have a committed support staff available to answer your questions fast?
- Theft Prevention. Can the supplier provide anti-theft security, tank monitoring with remote service?
- Environmentally responsible. How do they ensure safety in the workplace? What is their incident rate? Are they 100% accountable? If a spill occurs will they do the clean-up?
- National network. Are they capable of fleet refuelling between regions with data support for all your equipment and can give you support for business expansion?
That’s a lot to think about, but if you do your homework and choose the right fuel supplier you’ll get fuel wherever and whenever you need it. Don’t wait for your current supplier to let you down before you choose the right one.
Want security and reliability? Contact 4Refuel today and see why mobile on-site is right for you.