Section Two: Report on planned measures to identify, remove and prevent barriers in 2020-2025
- Standards for Customer Service
4Refuel is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities continue to receive accessible goods and services. This means they will receive goods and services with the same high quality and timeliness as others.
To meet ongoing compliance with the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service Regulation requirements and removal of barriers to persons with disabilities, 4Refuel will:
- Assess premises and other areas where barriers may exist that prevent customer access to our goods and services
- Review effectiveness of procedures and practices and make necessary adjustments
- Standards for Integrated Accessibility general requirements
Accessibility policy and statement of commitment to IASR Commitment
4Refuel will develop, implement and maintain policies, practices and procedures governing how the organization achieves or will achieve accessibility. We will:
- Draft a policy that addresses how 4Refuel will achieve or has achieved accessibility through meeting the IASR’s requirements.
- 4Refuel’s Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation policy and statement of commitment will be made available to the public on the premises and on the corporate website.
- 4Refuel’s Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation policy and statement of commitment will be available in an accessible format upon request.
Completion date: by December 31, 2021
- Accessibility plan maintenance
Establish, implement, and maintain a multi-year accessibility plan, which outlines the organization’s strategy to prevent and remove barriers and meet its requirements. Review and update the accessibility plan at least once every five years.
Completion date: ongoing
- Self-service kiosks
4Refuel does not have self-service kiosks. If we are adding any new kiosks, we will:
- Have regard for accessibility criteria and features when acquiring and using selfservice kiosks, except where it is not practical to do so
- Review the placement of our self-service kiosks and ensure they would be all be accessible to customers with disabilities and meet IASR standards
- Upon request, provide an explanation when it is not practical to do so
Completion date: ongoing
- Standards for Information and Communications
4Refuel is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will use feedback from employees and customers to identify and remove barriers and to determine information and communication needs.
4Refuel will incorporate new accessibility requirements under the information and communications standard to ensure that its information and communications systems and platforms are accessible and provided in accessible formats that meet the needs of persons with disabilities.
To meet compliance with the Accessibility Standards for Information and Communications under the IASR requirements and remove barriers to persons with disabilities, 4Refuel will:
- Ensure that processes for receiving and responding to feedback are accessible to persons with disabilities by providing or arranging for the provision of accessible formats and communication supports, upon request
- Consult the person making the request to determine suitability of format
- Notify the public about the availability of accessible formats and communication supports
Completion date: by February 1, 2020
- Standards for Employment
4Refuel is committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain talented employees with disabilities.
Recruitment 4Refuel will incorporate new accessibility requirements under the employment standard to ensure that barriers in recruitment are eliminated and corporate policies are followed where applicable.
To meet compliance with the Accessibility Standards for Employment under the Integrated Regulation requirements and to remove barriers to persons with disabilities in recruitment, 4Refuel will:
- On 4Refuel ‘s website and in job advertisements, will specify that accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities
- Notify employees and the public about the availability of accommodation in its recruitment processes for applicants with disabilities.
Inform candidates about the availability of accommodations:
- when called for an interview
- during the selection process
- at the time of job offer
- at orientation
- If the selected applicant requests an accommodation, consult with the applicant and arrange for the provision of a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs
- When making offers of employment, notify the successful applicant of policies for accommodating employees with disabilities
- Review and amend policy in compliance with AODA
Completion date: by December 31, 2021
- Support information for employees
4Refuel will incorporate new accessibility requirements under the Employment standard to ensure that barriers in information that supports employees are eliminated and corporate policies are followed where applicable.
To meet compliance with the Accessibility Standards for Employment under the Integrated Regulation requirements and to remove barriers to persons with disabilities, 4Refuel will:
- Inform current employees and new hires soon after they begin employment of 4Refuel’s policies supporting employees with disabilities, including, but not limited to, policies on the provision of job accommodations that consider an employee’s accessibility needs due to disability
- Provide information under this section to new employees as soon as practicable after they begin their employment
- Keep employees up to date on changes to policies
- Provide accessible formats and communication supports to any employees who request them. If requested, the employer will consult with the employee to provide or arrange for provision of accessible formats and communication supports for:
- information that is needed to perform the employee’s job
- information that is generally available to employees in the workplace
Completion date: by ongoing
- Documented individualized plans (i.e. return to work plan, accommodation plan)
4Refuel will incorporate new accessibility requirements under the employment standard to ensure that barriers in accommodation and other plans that support employees are eliminated and corporate policies are followed where applicable.
4Refuel will assess its return-to-work and accommodation plans, policies, practices and procedures, methods and attitudes to identify and remove barriers to employment of people with disabilities.
To meet compliance with the Accessibility Standards for Employment under the Integrated Regulation requirements and remove barriers to persons with disabilities, 4Refuel will:
- Include in the process the way the employee requesting accommodation can participate in the development of the plan
- Include in the process how the employee is assessed on an individual basis
- Provide an individualized accommodation plan in writing to any employee with a disability
- Provide an individualized return-to-work plan in writing for any employee who has been absent from work due to a disability and requires disability-related accommodations to return to work
Completion date: ongoing
- To meet accessibility standards with regards to Workplace Emergency Response Information, 4Refuel will:
- Improve upon the already implemented individualized plans to assist employees with disabilities during an emergency.
- Continue to obtain consent from employees with individualized plans to disclose emergency response or evacuations plans to the person responsible for assisting the employee in situations where the plan requires the assistance of a colleague.
- Create and provide emergency information formatted in such a way that the employee with the disability can understand its contents/direction as soon as practicable following the receipt of the request and/or becoming aware of the need for an individualized plan.
- Review the individualized plan/information:
- When the employee moves to a different location in the office;
- When the employee’s overall accommodation needs and plan are reviewed; and
- When the company reviews its general emergency response policies
Completion date: Ongoing
- Standards for Transportation
This standard does not apply to 4Refuel.
- Design of Public Spaces
4Refuel is committed to greater accessibility in, out of, and around the buildings we use. When the standard comes into force or when possible before that happens, 4Refuel will ensure that facilities incorporate the standards for barrier-free design as existing spaces are renovated and/or new spaces are obtained.